Parents and teachers need to observe children’s habits while doing school work, as they may indicate vision problems. Every school going child must have their eyes examined once a year. Have a look at the questions below, if you answered yes to any of them, book an appointment to have your child’s eyes tested.
Does your child:
- Hold a book very close when he/she reads?
- Tilt his/her head at an extreme angle to the book when reading?
- Cover one eye when reading?
- Constantly maintain a poor posture when working close?
- Move his or her head back and forth while reading instead of moving only eyes?
- Have a poor attention span?
- Feel drowsy after prolonged near work?
- Take longer than it should to do his/her homework?
- Occasionally or persistently report seeing blurred or double while reading or writing?