Working from home often means working longer hours than when working from the office. You also don’t move around as much because the kitchen and bathroom may not be as far as they are at the office. Here are some tips to help you maintain good health and visual comfort while working from home:
- Every 20 minutes, find something far to look at, for 20 seconds. This will enable your eye muscles and focusing (accommodation) system to remain flexible, and to relieve any strain on your eyes.
- Be more aware of your blinking. Our blink rate drops significantly when we’re working on the computer, leaving our eyes dry and uncomfortable. You can also use lubricating eye drops.
- Every hour, get up, and walk around the house.
- Drink lots of water.
- Sit with your back against the chair, avoid hunching over.
- Remember, the closer you are to your screen, the harder your eyes have to work, sit back.
- Keep your work area neat, and clean.